IT datacenters worldwide are overwhelmingly complex, with hundreds of different technologies and devices layered and entwined to deliver business services. Virtualization and cloud computing multiply this complexity, especially when there are outages or performance issues. IT operations management teams and administrators waste valuable time moving from one console to another, logging onto one element after another, trying to track down the data they need to ensure high performance and availability.
TBG BASIC provides a better approach. It collects and indexes all the data generated by your IT infrastructure – your networks, server and guest OS, hypervisors, database audit trails, message queues. It works with any machine-generated data, including logs, file configurations, performance metrics, SNMP traps and custom application logs. And without the need for custom parsers or adapters. With TBG BASIC you can turn silos of data into integrated, actionable information and operational insights.
- Change Monitoring
Frequently the root cause of critical service problems is change. Unauthorized change is the worst kind. Until now, IT management has combatted unauthorized change through a combination of change control databases, configuration management, change monitoring and network change detection. The change control approaches have been incompletely applied, while the change monitoring approaches have resulted in expensive new information silos divorced from incident and problem response processes. Many unauthorized changes still go undetected, and many still cause problems.
Are you implementing or considering adding a new tool to your infrastructure just to monitor change? Have you thought about how this will integrate with the rest of your infrastructure? Does this represent a significant new cost?
- Network Management
As today’s distributed networks continue to grow in both scope and complexity, you are being asked to do more with less resources. You need to continue to meet throughput demand. You need to optimize network efficiency. You need to simplify management and improve visibility. And you need to accomplish it all quickly and cost-effectively.
With TBG BASIC, users can now index, search and analyze all their machine data from a single location in real time. You can collect, search and report on all your network data from one place, enabling you to quickly detect and rapidly resolve network issues. Monitor all your data – network, OS and applications, work across diverse devices in an integrated way, and find issues before your customers do.
- Fault Management: Detect and resolve network issues quickly. Search and analyze all your Network and other machine data from one place in real time.
- Configuration Management: Monitor all your configuration files from one location. Report on changes across your entire infrastructure.
- Accounting Management: Provide reports on network usage. Collect and report on accounting data for all your network devices.
- Performance Management: See performance trends and avoid bottlenecks. Trigger alerts based on your network data – logs, configurations, flows, traps and metrics.
- Security Management: Investigate security incidents in record time. Investigate and respond to incidents faster and more completely by being able to analyze all your security-relevant data from one place.
- Server Management
Datacenters are complex, heterogeneous environments and the sheer number of tools required to monitor servers makes them difficult to use and manage. Administrators of large server farms often have to look at several consoles to keep track of logs, configs, power and cooling requirements and hardware faults. Existing tools may or may not have any way to store operational data about servers and analyze it to find the most faulty elements or any way to combine this data with data about applications, operating systems, users to correlate events and assess impact of hardware related issues.
With TBG BASIC, users can now index, analyze, monitor and trend all their machine data from a single location in real time. Monitor all your server data for warning signs from one place. Correlate server data with data from hypervisors, applications, operating systems, networks and storage. Find issues before they become chronic and avoid playing the blame game.
- Server Virtualization Management
Virtualization and cloud computing make datacenters more nimble but also create new complexities. Additional layers of abstraction in datacenters make problem investigation, resolution and avoidance difficult. Datacenter administrators, managing virtual environments want the ability to:
- Link user or application related issues to events happening in the infrastructure tiers, be it physical or virtual
- Store historical data from all technology tiers in full fidelity and use it for analysis, trending and troubleshooting and pattern detection
- Proactively prevent performance problems, resource utilization or unexpected changes from impacting users
- Track user activity and find potential security threats before they impact the environment
Existing IT management technologies either offer inadequate insights into virtual environments or provide a limited view and focus solely on the virtualization layer. Most of them cannot collect or store performance data at full fidelity due to storage limitations and the inability to scale. As a result, many problems in virtualized environments remain unresolved and manifest themselves as recurring issues.