How Secure Is Your Blockchain
The entire premise of using a blockchain is to let everyone, usually people who do not trust each other, share valuable information in a secure manner. The blockchain is assumed to be secure because the records are secured through cryptography. All the participants have their own private keys assigned to each transaction they make and acts as a personal digital signature.
Yet the security of even the best-designed blockchain systems can fail in places where the rules and mathematics are touched by mere mortals (humans). It’s important to remember that all blockchains are not created equal. Whether you’re building your own blockchain or implementing someone else’s, it’s best to have a trusted advisor test the blockchain before you commit dollars and resources to developing or implementing this technology.
How We Test Blockchain
TBG’s Blockchain Security Testing is designed to evaluate every aspect of the Blockchain from policies, system design thru the security of the blockchain itself. TBG’s testing approach is designed to ensure the Confidentiality, Availability and Integrity of the entire BlockChain. In order to conduct a thorough assessment of the blockchain TBG breaks down the activity into two phases, Discovery and Evaluation
In this Phase TBG requests specific documentation from the client in order to gain a better understanding of how the blockchain is being used within your business and how the data is being protected. These artifacts are then analyzed in the following manner.
- Architecture – Review the implementation to ensure its ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability during the transmission, execution, and storage of data.
- Compliance Readiness – Ensure the implementation meets or exceeds all of the governance requirements
- Readiness Assessment – Takes an in-depth look at the technical aspects of the BlockChain application to ensure best practices & security.
In this Phase our experts will utilize the information gained in the Discovery phase to perform the hands on testing of your organization’s blockchain to determine its maturity level measured against best practices and industry standards. This testing will include the following:
- Network Penetration Testing
- Blockchain Static and Dynamic Application Testing including testing wallets, databases, GUI, Application logic.
- BlockChain Integrity Testing
Each of these attack vectors is explored to ensure proper security controls are in place to detect, mitigate, and properly audit access.
As with all early technology, there is risk, so there’s a natural inclination to question the security of blockchain and the potential for cyberattacks against it. If you’re inclined to question the security of the blockchain we’re the team to call. We, like you, don’t believe any technology is secure until we’ve had our team of trained security testers throw everything they have at it. Trust but verify goes a long way to having you feel comfortable about your decision to implement this new technology.
Benefits Of Working With Us
TBG Security has provided services across a number of industries from Fortune 50 companies to government agencies.
- Trusted advisors to Fortune 5000 companies for 15 years
- Employ same tools and techniques as today’s hackers
- All successful exploits fully documented
- Provide stakeholder-ready report
And here are just some of our Certifications:
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)(ISC)2
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- PCI SSC Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CIA)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler, SANS Institute (GCIH)
- Certified Cisco Network Associate, Cisco Systems (CCNA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Microsoft (MCSE)
- Splunk Certified Architect (SCA)
Get In Touch
Want to know more about our external penetration tests? We’re here to help.